Seth chats with the Nurse Manager of Johns Hopkins Arthritis Center to learn how arthritics can protect themselves this flu season.
- arthritis patients have suppressed immune systems due to their arthritis and their medications
- all should get both the seasonal flu and H1N1 "Swine flu" vaccines
- all immunosuppressed patients should take vaccines as injections (with a dead virus), NOT the inhalant mist (with a live virus) -- which can make them sick
Read Vicky's bio and/or contact her by visiting:
Seth and Dr. Laurie discuss the vices that plague us.
Dr. Laurie helps Seth articulate a recent experience.
Seth and Dr. Laurie begin discussing why we arthritics sometimes have trouble being intimate with our partners.
Finding new energy can be as simple as cleaning a closet.
Seth chats with Dr. Clifton Bingham of Johns Hopkins University, Toronto-based Dr. Katell Roué-Le Lay, and Alesia Sadosky, Ph.D. and Kevin Murphy, Ph.D. from Pfizer, Inc.
Findings discussed include:
- poor dental health among rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients
- new indicators among RA patients portending cardiovascular health problems
- career and sick-day interruptions for fibromyalgia patients
- healthcare changes for fibromyalgia patients after diagnosis
Special Note: To see our ACR 2008 Wrap-up page, click here.